Do you know how well your website is performing ? Have you analysed your website to see how fast it loads? How user friendly it is ? Does it look good on mobile ? if you don’t then how do you find out if potential clients are having trouble with your site ? Everyone should undertake a web audit to determine what improvements are necessary for a better website.
- Carrying out an audit on your website should be done often.
- If your site is slow to load and frustrates users, how long before you have zero traffic?
- Testing your website gives you valuable insights into how you should proceed to improve your site.
- There are many factors that can make your site frustrate its visitors, including server, speed, performance, security, code, functionality and many more.
- Bright Spark media can audit your site and can recommend what needs to be done to improve your site.
WEB AUDIT FOR PERFORMANCE
Stress testing your website is something many neglect but it is essential when you are looking for results from your website. If your website is performing poorly, by slow loading, broken links and functionality that does not work, how long do you expect users to stay on your website ? In reality, they are gone before you know it. No matter how good your product or service is or how big your following is on social media, if your site is not user friendly, you will frustrate users and they will leave your site..
WEB AUDIT = BETTER WEBSITE, MORE TRAFFIC
Yes, you want potential clients to stay on your site. Yes, you want consumers to browse through all your products and services. And yes, you want users to click and purchase what you have to offer. So yes, you need to pay attention to how your website performs for your audience. There are many web audit websites where you can test your site. We have one here, free to use and it will give you an insight to how your website is looking and performing.
YOUR WEBSITE SHOULD LOAD WITHIN 3 SECONDS
In today’s fast paced society, consumers expect fast and reliable online user experiences from every website. … They don’t have time wait for your website to load. Google states that a website should load within 3 seconds at the least ! if your website is slow and takes a while to load, with 80% of users now browsing from their smartphones, you can bet they wont wait around. They are on your competitors site finding what they are looking for.
LET’S IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE
So what can I do ? Well first things first, test your site ! As a result of the test you can determine what needs to be done. If you don’t understand what needs to be done or you are not sure how to go about it ask us. Our team has many years experience so we can audit your site and determine what can make your website work well. We can tell where the improvements need to be and also make recommendations based on your content and site layout. The aim of the web audit would be to analyse and determine what needs to be done to increase traffic and convert potential users into clients.
FACTORS AFFECTING YOUR WEBSITE
- Server – Your hosting – Is it on a shared server ? Is it an old system, slowing your site down ?
- Speed – Is your site too slow ? What’s slowing it down?
- Security – How safe is your site ? All sites now should have https as requested by Google for better ranking
- Performance – Does it do what it is designed to do? Do all forms work ? Is the shop functioning perfectly ?
- Images – Are your images optimised ? Have you too many ?
- Visitor behaviour – Are they leaving after landing on the home page ? If so, why ?
- Functionality – How user friendly is it ? Is it mobile/tablet responsive ?
- Content – Is it sales waffle or is it aimed at the user ? Does it solve a problem or educate them ?
- layout – Is the layout confusing or does it flow seamlessly ? How many clicks deep do we have to go to get information etc ?
- Code – Is the code Web standard and does it comply ? If not Google will penalise you if the code is poor.
There are many factors in making a successful website, and there is no reason why your website should be lagging behind in the search rankings. It is very achievable to improve your site, gain more traffic and boost your business with actionable steps from our team. Test your site below for FREE and give us a call if you want to put your website to work and make more sales!
HOW STRONG IS YOUR WEBSITE ?
Enter your domain in the form below and we will generate a FREE report within a minute.
If you would like a more detailed report which involves our team going to work in detailed fashion on your site, we will perform all the necessary tests to determine how you can improve on all aspects of your website including layout, design, usability, functionality, speed, content and web standard coding then please contact us for an consultation.